Tuesday, August 26, 2008

So Blue

I've been a little down lately because 2 of my really close friends are moving. I hate it, it's just not fair. Do I sound like my 3 year old? Sorry, I guess I'm just having one of those "poor me's" days, as Marianne would say.
My good friend Sissy just moved to Chicago. She is the kind of girl friend everyone needs in their life. She has been such a blessing in mine. She got me through my divorce, packing boxes and letting me cry until I didn't think I could stop. Her potty mouth makes mine look tame. We love the same books and shows, and have the same sense of humor. She lets me complain about family problems and never tries to tell me what I "should" do. I'm going to miss her. I know I act like she's dying, but moving to Chicago is just too far away.
My other good friend Carolyn is moving as well. Carolyn I met when I moved into this ward. She picked me up when I thought my world was over. She saw a young mother with a little baby, and took us in. She has been the best example to me. She's always lending a hand when needed but never gets taken advantage of, because she knows her limits. I love her! As Bella said yesterday, "Mom I just love Carolyn. She's my favorite uncle. Mom, is she my uncle?". She's only moving to Farmington, (actually up the street from Soni) but it just won't be the same.
I'm so lucky to have these two as friends.

6 comments:

simply jami said...

It is 102 degrees here, I gained 2 pounds since last week, Eden got a terrible set of teachers this year, my car is dirty and it has been over 24 hours since I have eaten any chocolate...I was just trying to make you feel better, but it wasn't so good for me! Love you Amy! It is always harder to be the friend left behind. Hang in there!

Jenn said...

That is so hard when things change and people move away. It is hard to make those adjustments. Take care and hopefully I will see you soon- like tonight at 9?!

carolynk said...

Amy:
I am sorry that you have two friends moving; I get so emotional thinking of leaving Bella in Sacrament Mtg., as I was packing my activity bag, I thought, maybe I will continue to go to the 31st ward in spite of the move! It has truly been a blessing to be part of your life, Amy; you are a wonderful soul, and to see how far you have come, since our friendship started, is nothing short of miraculous! You are amazing and I will not desert you and Bella! I am looking forward to having you come to our new home, even though there is no yard. I liked Bella's TV debut with the back of her head, as Seth talked. Nice job Bella! Love you Amy -- WE will all stretch and grow together through this move!

** Adrian ** said...

Aren't good friends the best?!?!? I know how it is to be the friend that's moving/moved--& I'm SOO glad that I'm making new friends like you! Thanks for everything!! You're the best!! BTW--that's so awesome about Seth & Bella being on Fox 13 news!! HOW FUN!! & that's awesome too about the tickets to Sea World--when you talked about them today I didn't know that you WON them!! Great job!!! A couple years ago I won the secret sound on B98.7--Almost $6,000!!! It was SO COOL!!! Isn't winning the best?!?

Jessica said...

Oh how sad. Those sound like 2 great friends. Great thing for blogging - right? Okay, that probablly didn't help at all!
I LOVE what Bella said about your friend being her uncle. What a cutie!!

Lori said...

It does stink to get used to having your friends close and then having to move or them move. The nice thing about those true friends, is that whenever you talk or see each other, it's like nothing has changed and your still just as close. I lost touch with a friend of mine from Logan for a couple of years, and when we talked again, it was like we had lived next door to each other the whole time. It's so nice to be able to stay in touch with people over the internet. What a great little invention.