Saturday, August 9, 2008

When Dad's Away, The Girls Will Play







Seth has been gone this past week to scout camp. Yes, that's right, one week of adolescent boys. Judging from the stories he's told me, I think it's pay back for when he was a scout. While he's been gone the girls and I have tried to stay busy. Since last night was the last night we had to spend alone I told Bella we could have a girls party, with no boys allowed. She was so excited that when she woke up from her afternoon nap on Friday she asked if it was time to sleep in my bed. I reminded her that she just woke up, but she didn't care.
We had a fun time watching a marathon of Jon & Kate plus 8, had pizza and root beer for dinner, and finally pop corn, a movie and plying princesses in my bed. She loved it! Claire seemed to have fun to. Although she was asleep by 7:30pm.
I love being a mom! Thanks girls for making my life that much better! I love you!

4 comments:

Sid said...

Amy-what a cute mommy! Looks like fun! I love those moments we get to spend with our kids!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

How old is Bella again? She just seems to be at such a cute age, whatever it is!?! Cody's not in Scouts, but I tell him all the time that someday he will be and it will be total payback for all the torture they inflicted on their leaders lives!!! So good job Seth for braving scout camp!

Jessica said...

What a cute mom you are Amy. And Bella - I LOVE the things she says.
I hope Seth has a GREAT time at Scout Camp.
Keep on having fun!

bevany said...

LOVE the self portrait of you and Bella. So cute. Keigan does the same thing when Mike is gone... Asks when bedtime is so she can sleep in my bed. You are such a cute mom!