Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's that time again


Today was Ute fest. For all of you who could care less about Utah sports, I'll fill you in. It's a fun day filled with games, prizes, and a chance to meet athletes from every sport. Bella and Seth have been planning this event for the past few weeks. Claire and I got to tag along too. That was so nice of them to let us come. But then this morning Seth comes in from outside and says "Amy, I think I need stitches." Yes, Seth cut his hand open while trying to fix Bella's bike. What a devoted dad. Our time was set back a little, but once he was all stitched up he was ready to go. Now that's a true fan! Bella loved meeting the gymnasts and playing all the fun games they had. By far the best part was when we were interviewed for Fox 13. Actually, Claire and I were cut out, I guess we're not as interesting as the true fan in our family. Here's a clip. Don't blink or you might miss it. http://www.myfoxutah.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=7274526&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=6.2.1

10 comments:

Kira said...

Such fun Pics!! I think our hubby's are pretty excited about the game next Saturday. I am planning on posting a Utes themed something on the blog for Nate since it's all he can think about :) and just for fun. Sorry about seth's hand. hope it's ok.

Jenn said...

Joe must not be a true Ute fan, but because he wants to follow them where ever they go, I think he is! (as annoying as it is!!!)

Unknown said...

Jenny,
please Joe is the biggest Ute fan. I remember when I first met you and you said you weren't going to let him be a "groupie", because if he had it his way he would go to all the away games. You're so funny
Kira,
Seth hasn't talked about anything but next weeks game with Nate. I'm actually excited because he's so excited. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Nice interview clip of your husband!!! Too bad Bella's head is turned away the whole time!!!

Jessica said...

What a fun day!!!
So sorry Seth for the little stich accident - hey at least Bella's bike is fixed!!!

Sid said...

so fun- it's football season that's for sure- it's in the air.

simply jami said...

ask seth if he will send me his autograph! Go BYU!

Curtis and Shandy said...

Ooooh thats fun! I love that Seth referred to it as "WE". My husband always says, we did so good when referring to games he watches. They are one with them.

sunshine said...

Seth, you were hilarious! We loved it!

Kathy said...

Go Utes!!! Way to go Seth! I guess it's Dads right of passage to get stitches, Adam had to get them after going head first down a water slide!