Thursday, January 15, 2009

One more reason to blog and scrapbook

Here it is, my 2008 blog book. People, I'm telling you if you're on the fence about blogging, keep doing it!!! I did one for all of my 2007 blog posts, which I posted a few months ago, and I was happy with that one, but this one is even better. I think it's because I am more familiar with the blurb site and knew what to do. Now I have a hard back book that serves as my journal/scrapbook and the best part was it was only $35 plus shipping. Here are just a few reasons why I love it & think you will to:

The price
You can add and take out whatever you want. I have a lot of personal posts that I never put for everyone to read, but when I made the book I added them. I also had posts that I decided not to include in the book.
You can add and take out pictures as well


Also, while I'm bragging about my family's history I've also finished our family 2008 scrapbook. Now the only reason I have finished this, and let me reiterate the ONLY reason I have finished it is because it was all done digitally. I'm a huge fan of scrapbooks done the real way with paper, stickers and all that. But, I seriously was falling behind and I would never have caught up if I hadn't done this. I really liked the way it turned out. I also liked that I started last January and every time I had pictures just uploaded them and spent less than a half hour and I was done. No big mess to clean up and no going to the scrapbook store and spending tons of money. (That's my own fault because I go in there and can't help it). Of course there were months where I got behind, but it still only took a few hours on the computer and I was caught up. Now here we are two weeks into January and I have both my journal and scrapbook back with everything from 2008.
A few people have asked me what the difference is between a blog book and a scrapbook. There is a huge difference. I tried to make a short little demo video showing the difference, but for some reason I couldn't upload the thing. (Sorry Jen). If you have questions just call me. (Jessica we'll get you through this, I promise).

7 comments:

C Crane said...

Hey, I used blurb last year for my blog book, but when I went to do it this year the blog slurping program for blogger was down and no estimate on when it would be back up. Were you able to use their program for your blog book? I hope so that would be great!

bevany said...

I want to do this so bad. Some day I'll get around to doing it...and I might ask you for some help. I'm jealous you did your scrapbook, too. I finished 2007 and have so much from last year to do.

Jenn said...

That would be great! I need to do something. I was waiting for a year to do it- a full year of posts, but maybe I should do 2008 and then 2009. I am bummed your video didn't work. I wanted to really see the difference, but I will have to come and see some time. Thanks for sharing!!!

Liz said...

I am totally going on that website. I love that I can say that I am "journaling" when I blog! Hey, we should get together any Saturday. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

Does the blog book show just photos...or does it show the blog/writing also...cause Im hoping they show the writing also!

Unknown said...

Chelsie,
I haven't been on the blurb site so I'm not sure if it's working. I have it uplaoded on my computer so I just clicked on the desk top.
Noelle,
It shows both pictures and posts. But you chose how it looks. Some times I've taken pictures out and just done posts and some pages are just pictures. It can be really fun putting it together. Good luck!

Mandy Lowry said...

Great idea? Did you mention the website? I can't find it. Please let me know the link. I'd love to check it out.