Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Claire

A year ago today my sweet little Claire was born. We've had such a wonderful year.
We started the morning off with breakfast and presents in bed. For Claire that meant a bottle and presents, which she didn't seem to care for. But Bella was very happy to help open them.
Later we had a party with just the grandparents(oh and 2 aunts and one uncle). The cake eating for Claire was pretty uneventful. She really wasn't into the whole idea and after 10 minutes just barley ate a little icing. After cake it was time for presents. Bella helped open presents again and we had a great time.
Claire I just want you to know what a blessing you are in our lives! My life has truly just gotten better since you were born. You are honestly the happiest most content baby. You love everyone you meet. You are turning out to be just as social as your big sister. You taught us about the "laugh cry". That's a phrase we made up for you, because even when you're sad it seems like you don't want to be and you try to laugh. I want you to know that I love you and am so thankful for you! Love Mommy Wearing the birthday girl crown and opening presents



Birthday cake that Kim made just for Claire

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy birthday, cute Claire!! Wgat a cute cake! So fitting for a darling 1 year old!!!!

Sid said...

Happy birthday claire! I can't believe she is 1! is that a parson's cake?

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

I love the first birthday because it is a triumph...being, so much happens! She's really a pretty little thing. p.s. That's awesome about the Draper temple, going to the open house!

Kira said...

yeah! Happy Birthday Clair!! she's so cute, i wish we could see her (and all of you) more often. I'm so glad the 1st birthday was a success!!

** Adrian ** said...

OOH!! SOO cute! HAPPY (LATE) Birthday Claire!!! I haven't been on my computer for a few days...so I'm sorry this is a little late!

BTW...you & Seth did SO GREAT on your talks on Sunday!!

Also, that's awesome that you got to go to the Draper Temple!!

bevany said...

Happy Birthday Claire. She's so cute. Love her cake!!!

Jen Jenkins said...

Doesn't time just fly by?! Your girls are beautiful! I love your blog.

Lori said...

Happy Birthday to Claire!! That cake is so adorable! You guys look great in your family picture. I had to laugh at your dress/skirt because that is something I would do.

I miss blogging. I'm not sure why I can't get into lately (lately meaning the last 5 months:). I did download some pictures onto a post, so I will really try to get something written and post it tomorrow. I'll try, I promise!! I'm such a sad case.

Anonymous said...

Your girls are truly the most beautiful girls in the world!