Saturday, January 24, 2009

Are You Kidding Me #15

I just saw a story on the news about this 73 year old basketball player. It's not a new story. But I hadn't heard about it. Anyway if you haven't heard about him he's a man who wanted to play college basketball again. He played when he was in college, about 53 years ago, but was kicked off the team for pulling a prank(he says he didn't do it). A few years ago he decided it was time to play again. So he sent out letters to different schools to see if they would accept him and let him play. One college finally did and now he's on the team. Awesome!
I like this guys for a couple reasons.
1) He set out a goal for himself an accomplished it. He didn't let things discourage him, like being turned down by other schools.
2) He's really in shape. He's 73 years old and can hold his own with kids in their 20's.
My favorite part of the interview was when they were talking to a player on the team and he said the only thing they give him a hard time about is that he wears his basketball shorts up to his belly button and they try to get him to low ride.

I like hearing stories like this and I wanted to pass it along.

1 comment:

** Adrian ** said...

I think that's GREAT! I hadn't heard about him until this morning either. I think it's amazing that he's in that good of shape. I guess that goes to show you that you can do ANYTHING you want to if you just put your mind to it!