Monday, January 5, 2009

Are You Kidding Me #14

After Christmas I went shopping for myself. This never happens. It seems like whenever I go shopping I always end up buying clothes for the girls. Does this happen to anyone else?
I have to say I was so proud of myself for the amazing deals I was finding. I came home with lost of new things and only a few things for the kids. (I just couldn't resist a cute shirt for Claire at The Gap for only $2.99). Anyway, I came home and was showing Bella my adorable skirt, when I noticed the top looked a little funny. As I held it up I realized it wasn't a skirt, it was a strapless dress!(I know I should have tried it on). Are you kidding me? I am so brain dead! How did I not realize I had purchased a dress? I mean seriously! So I told Bella I had made a mistake and bought a dress not a skirt, to which she said "where did the sleeves go?".
I've tried everything to make this dress work for me, but I think it's going back to the store. Better luck next time I guess.

9 comments:

Chuck said...

Uhmmmm, this might get me band, but you do go shopping for yourself and then tell me that you never do. Interesting.....

Unknown said...

No, honey. I always intend to go for myself, but end up coming home with nothing for myself and stuff for the kids. I think the problem is when I take everything out of the bags to show you, you're to busy watching football to notice.

Kira said...

hilarious! and yes, I totally understand cuz I always find stuff for addie. I just don't ever feel like trying stuff on so it's easier to shop for the kiddo. too bad that was a dress (haha) because it would have made a darling skirt!

Sid said...

i can't tell you the last time i went shopping for myself. The girls clothes are just too hard to resist!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

hehehe! That is a funny story, maybe I can relate. I could totally see myself doing something like that!! ;)

Jenn said...

Much better as a skirt than a dress! That is something I would do, but the dress would probably not be that cute!

bevany said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny. Totally something I would do too. It's good to hear I'm not the only one who only shops for my children. I would so much rather spend money on them. Nothing fits me anyways :)

** Adrian ** said...

I totally thought I left a comment on this the first time I read it...I guess I just THOUGHT I did! That sounds JUST like me!! I am always trying to go shopping for "myself for once" & end up coming home with only stuff for the kids. It's SO much easier to find cute stuff for them than something for me. That's too bad about the skirt/dress. I'd be bummed too! Definitely better luck next time!

Sissy Jackson said...

You are my kind of shopper!