Friday, September 12, 2008

Party on 750 E

Tonight we had a an awesome neighborhood party. I've been wanting to have one for awhile now. We have some great neighbors who have a Christmas party that they've been throwing for over 25 years. So I decided that it was time for the younger crowd to step it up and have one too. I approached my neighbor Candace back in June if she thought this was a good idea. She thought it was, but the only catch, could we have it in her back yard since mine looks awful? (What a thoughtful neighbor I am, not). She agreed and it was a huge success. The older girls painted the little kids faces while the adults talked and ate. It was fascinating for me to listen to stories about what it was like on our street years ago. One of my neighbors has lived on this street for 49 years!!
I've said this before but I really feel so blessed to live on such a great street. I feel safe and very happy. We have great friends and neighbors. Thanks to everyone who came and helped make it possible! some of the younger ladies
the face painters




the men (I can't believe I got a picture of Jenny & Joe!)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

What a great idea!!

Maybe I should do that on my street - I soo don't know my neighbors!!!! hahaaaa lol!!

Jenn said...

K- can't say I love this part of your blog, but I am glad you planned the party. It was fun!

Chuck said...

750 East boys and Mike. That is a great pic! Joe and Mike's faces are classic.