Saturday, September 13, 2008

10K or bust

I ran in a 10K today. It was a great feeling of accomplishment. My friends and I decided a few weeks ago that we would do it. We've been running together in the mornings and I have to say it's really been fun. I never thought I would do it, so just knowing I finished and wasn't on the sidelines dying was great.
I saw lots of people I knew either running or biking(there was also a 20 mile bike race). Kudos to Sid and Lindsay who did awesome.
I don't like to embarrass my husband, oh wait yes I do. But he left me the nicest note of encouragement this morning. It really helped give me the extra boost I needed. I love you, Sethy! Thanks Amber and Jodie for listening to me when I would get anxiety about running. You guys are awesome! Thanks mom, Barbara, Beth and Chad for coming out to support me. You guys are great.
I've always said I wanted to do a half marathon. So technically that's next. But we'll see...

My cute family
Hooray!!! I finished!!!




The girls after the race

12 comments:

Jessica said...

Amy, that is AWESOME!! I am so proud of you - seriously, I think that is a big accomplishment!
Cute pictures!

Way to go!!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

I'm super impressed. Honestly, that's awesome!

Jenn said...

Congrats, Amy!!!!

Kathy said...

Good job Amy! That's so awesome! We are going to do the Salt Lake half next year and that will be my first. You guys are such a cute little family!

** Adrian ** said...

I am SOO impressed with you guys!! That is seriously so awesome!! It makes me wish I liked running so I could do this stuff with you--I'm sad to admit that I HATE running. I love walking, but HATE running. Maybe that's why I'm so INCREDIBLY out of shape!! (Or at least, ONE reason! haha) Anyway, GREAT JOB!! =D

Andria said...

You are amazing! That is a great accomplishment! And your family is super cute to come support and give you words of encouragement.

Sid said...

Good Job Amy- it was way fun. Im glad i got to see you! My next step is a half marathon also- so we will see, maybe we could do it together. Good Job

Kira said...

Yeah Amy!! you are so awesome!! Seriously running is not easy so kudos girl! you're making me want to start running again. Oh and don't even think about a half marathon, go for the real thing!! (if you can do a half you can do a full) :)

Liz said...

Good job Amy! You can totally do a 1/2. It really isn't anything to worry about. It's way doable especially if you have a good partner. :)

Rick & Marianne said...

Yeah for the runner! I'm proud of you Amy! I haven't seen your blog for so long. The preschool cupcakes look so cute. You'll have to teach me how you made them! How was your neighborhood party? Did any of the older people on your street come (from the pictures it looks like only the Davidsons and Youngbergs)? We tried a breakfast on our street, but only about half of the people we invited came...maybe we should try it in the evening like you guys.
We'll have to have you over for lunch soon!
Love, marianne

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I am so proud of you...so so proud. I love that you are a full-on runner now! Congrats!

bevany said...

That's crazy. Very impressive you can do something like that!