Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Keeper of the tissues

It's that time again. The time of year when I carry around tissues to wipe runny noses. I hate it. I can't believe it's not even October and I've already had to start. Before I had kids I would always see kids with snot all over their faces and think "how can their mom not see that and be totally grossed out?". Well, now I know. The mom probably did see it, but she couldn't keep up. Every time I turn around I'm wiping a nose, and then half the time I run out of tissue and have to use whatever cloth I happen to have (yes, sometimes that means my shirt or theirs. It's gross I know) I seriously feel like a human tissue most of the time. All I can hope for is a fast winter with very few colds.

7 comments:

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

I'm doing the wiping nose thing right now too. It sucks. Every sneeze there is snot dripping down her lip, then the best is when they schmear it all over with the back of their hand. Love kids colds! NOT!

Jessica said...

Oh man I hear ya!! We have been getting that so bad around here. I know Lori got hit hard with the whole allergy thing on Monday.
I use to think the same thing about mothers - NOT anymore (well sometimes)!!

Thanks tons for your help on the book thing. I tried like crazy this morning to get a fresh start, but it kept telling me that it either the server was too busy and couldn't retrive the information or something else. So before I screamed I calmly turned off my computer!! ooooo - I'll for sure call you when I am about to the screaming point!
Thank you again!!

** Adrian ** said...

OOOOhhhh! Isn't that the WORST?!?!? I totally feel for you!! Wyatt has had a runny nose lately too...not so bad at the MOMENT, but it could be back any second! Isn't that just the way it goes this time of year? I LOVE fall, but I HATE the gunk that goes around with it!!

Sid said...

that's the way it goes, it's funny how you look down on others for stuff like that until you realize that it's impossible to keep up when you have your own. I know we have all been there!

Lindsey said...

I'm so with you Aims - we have had a cold this last week and noses are running a million miles a minute! I laughed about your pre-baby thought on snotty faces - - I think about that all the time, how I used to think "don't they care that their kid's face is totally dirty and snotty?" How funny it is to be a mom and understand it!!!

Jenn said...

I know how you feel. We have had bouts with illness. That is the worst.

Lindsey said...

it was good to see you last night for a few minutes. two weeks in a row... that is exciting! i hope you guys feel better SOON!!