Saturday, September 27, 2008

Are You Kidding Me #11

The other day I was flipping through the channels and came across "Full House". I'm so sick of Dora and Clifford that I thought I would record one and see if Bella liked it.
She didn't just like it, she LOVED it. Are you kidding me? Seth and I watched it with her and kept giving each other the same look. Did we really used to like this show? It is soooo cheesy!
Although, I can totally remember thinking Candace Cameron was the coolest!! Did anyone else love this show when they were little?
Seth and I were saying how we remember thinking the show was so funny, but as adults watching it, it's so corny. But, Bella seemed to think it was really funny. She laughed at everything. She especially loved Stephanie and Michelle.
It's so funny to me that I used to watch this and now years later my little girl is watching it and loving it. The 80's really had some good TV.
As cheesy as it is, it seems like they always end with a lesson. The one we happened to watch was about being nice to others.
I guess if she's going to watch something I'm glad it's a wholesome show and not something trashy with Jamie Lynn Spears or something. But if she says "you got it dude, how rude, or cut it out" I'm in trouble.

7 comments:

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

I loved Full House growing up! Classic. I personally loved Kirk Cameron, or maybe it's Kirt...anyhow, it's Candace Cameron's older brother. Nowadays, he's a minister or something crazy like that.

Jenn said...

I loved the show. I watched it all the time. I think I would agree with you about watching it as an adult. I would think it was cheesy!

Kathy said...

I loved that show for so long! I should see if Kyra would watch it.

Unknown said...

Nikki,
I think it was Kirk. For some reason I wasn't into boys, I always liked the girls. Like Alyssa Milano, I seriously wanted to be her.

Sid said...

Totally loved it growing up!!! i agree, nothing is that good on tv anymore, it's all trash!

Jessica said...

Oh man, I LOVED full house. I should change the channel right now!!!
But I agree, I wish shows and movies now days are a little more like how they used to be!

Monica said...

I'm laughing because Bart makes fun of me because I love all of the 80's sitcoms. Now depiste what he might say, I really don't watch them, but if nothing else was on, I really would, and would probably enjoy it!