Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dirty Dash

Last Saturday I competed in the Dirty Dash. If you haven't heard about it here's the run down.
It's a 10K/Boot Camp/Mud Race. That's what I would call it, anyway.
There were teams or you could do it individually. I would highly recommend being on a team. It's much more fun.
I was on a team with my sister Laura, my cousin Melanie and my good friends Chelsie and Amber.
This was such a fun race!! I've never done anything like it before. But I have to say to anyone who is thinking about doing it, as much fun as it was, it was also very challenging.
There were lots and lots of hills!! The map on their website really didn't do it justice.
Basically we started the first mile which was mostly a hill and then came to our first obstacle, which was jumping over hay stacks. Not too bad, but from then on there were other obstacles such as a wall, where after you climbed over you fell into mud. If only I had a apicture of my cute muddy hand print on Laura's butt from when I helped get her over the wall.
There was a tire obstacle just like they do in the army. There was also a huge swamp type mud mess. I wish I had a camera to capture Chelsie stuck waist deep. But I probably wouldn't have taken a good picture since I was laughing too hard.
Poor Chels! She also fell into the river while trying to jump over it. Thank you to the nice man who helped her out.
And last but not least there was a slip n slide ending in the final mud bath.
Another fun thing about this race was the costumes. We all wore pj's and curlers in our hair.
I wish I had a camera for some of the things we saw. Some of the teams were very creative. For example: one team all wearing wedding dresses and calling themselves "the runaway brides", another team of all men had prison uniforms and were chained together while they ran.
We got a head start on the fun by staying over night in Heber the night before.
Oh and I stole some of the pictures from the Dirty Dash web site. We didn't dare bring our cameras since we didn't want to take the chance of getting them ruined. But oh how I wish we had them to capture some great moments.
Here's to next years fun, girls!! All of us after the race. I wish we had gotten a close up of Laura's awesome outfit. Amber and Chelsie picked up our rockin jammies at the DI. Turns out Laura's was actually a pant suit. Fully equiped with sholder pads, pockets and even pleats. But somehow it made it's way on the pajama rack.

Me and Chels on the slip n slide

Amber trudging through the mud

Me trudging through the mud

Mel pulling Laura down into the mud

8 comments:

Amy said...

Looks awesome! That race sounds so much fun. I may have to do it next year!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Ha! That is sweet.

Jenn said...

Hmmmm....looks like fun. Everyone kept mentioning it on Facebook. I am glad you explained it. I figured it was something like that.

** Adrian ** said...

That is awesome!!! I love the photos!!!

Beth said...

Haha. That is insane!

bevany said...

So awesome. I love that you got most of the pictures from their website. I don't know if I could do it or not...it looks hard core!

Sid said...

i so wanna do it next year! looks so fun!

Liz said...

Hey, my running partner did it! She loved it and the next monday after the race, she wore her shirt on our run. She was so proud. I don't blame her either. That is something to be proud of!! Good job! I want to be on your team next year!