Monday, August 23, 2010

The Magic School Bus

After picking out her 1st day of school outfit, down to the days of the week under ware (Monday of course), and a Fathers blessing, I reminded Bella about the magic school bus.
We had heard stories (thanks Jami) and I wanted to prepare her just in case it made a stop at our house.
And sure enough this morning we heard a loud knock at the door. When Bella opened it she found a delivery from the magic school bus!!! And man was she excited!!! (good thing we we got it on video).
There was a nice note on top of the bag and inside the bag there was lots of fun stuff.
A pack of lip smackers chap stick "for when you meet a new chap". A bag of Hershey's hugs and kisses "in case you need some hugs and kisses". Some smarties and nerds because "being smart doesn't mean you're a nerd". And my personal favorite tissue with a note that said "in case you miss your mom". Although she has afternoon kindergarten she was still dressed and ready by 7:30am and had her backpack ready by 8:30am. When I said I wanted to get a picture she struck this pose.
Watching her be so excited is making this day a little easier for me. But the true test will be after I drop her off.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I know I always get emotional at the start of the year. It just feels like they get so much older on the first day! Bella looked adorable!!

Jen Jenkins said...

Such a cute idea! I've never heard of it before! you good mommy, you! your girls are lucky to have you!

Whitney said...

What a cute idea! She is so big, she will do so great!

Sid said...

I can't believe you have a kindergartner!! Looks like u guys have had a fun summer! And what a cute idea with the magic school bus! I'll have to remember that for next year!

Beth said...

Yeah! School! I bet she will have so much fun!

bevany said...

I've never heard of this before...it's such a cute idea! Bella looks super cute in her gymboree outfit & headband. Love it!