Friday, October 30, 2009

Go Away!

I was watching the news the other day and in their entertainment report they were talking about this new movie Precious. If you haven't heard about it here's the run down. It's about a girl who's father rapes her and she fathers 2 of his children, while her own mom beats and degrades her. There may be more to it, but that's basically what I got. I can't think of a more depressing movie. I graduated in social work and I've worked with people like this. So I really can't see paying money to be depressed. Anyway as I was watching the news they started talking about the producer of this movie. And guess who it is? Oprah! Of course! Now, don't worry, I won't blog about her since I went back and looked at last years posts and I blogged about my love/hate relationship with her, 8 times.!! That's too many, and it's annoying.
But it got me thinking about the celebrities I wish would just go away. Here's my list and I would love to know yours. So leave a comment and let me know.
  • Mariah Carey: Note to Mariah- stop wearing as little clothes as possible. You're too old and it's not cute. Oh, and we don't believe you're a size 2.
  • Jennifer Aniston: I'm still mad at you for posing basically naked and then saying "I don't know why people care about me?". Really, then don't do something that screams look at me.
  • Jon Gosselin: Not sure if he counts as a celebrity. But I've had enough.
  • Oprah: Depends on the day
  • Any celebrity who has a baby and then poses in a bikini, after only 2 weeks, on the cover a magazine. (Tori Spelling, Heidi Klum, Jamie Presley). That's annoying and it doesn't send a good message to young girls. Plus, now that's I've had a c-section, I don't believe any of you who say you went to the gym and worked it off in 2 weeks, and had a c-section. What you mean to say is you doctor did some major work.
  • Miley Cyrus: (Thanks for the reminder Beth). This girls gets under my skin soooo much!!! It's a good thing Bella's too young to know who she is.

I know if I think about it longer I'll have more to add. That's my list for now. Who do you want to go away?

10 comments:

Sid said...

Too funny- agree with all but jen Anniston- I like her.

Jenn said...

I am with you on your list. Definately Mariah Carrey. The one show my kids watch, that I wish would go away is Zack and Cody. They both can go away. Lindsey Lohan, Tori Spelling, Vanessa Hutchins....I am sure there is more, but that is all I could think of righ off.

Beth said...

I'm going to say Roman Polanski 'cause he's for a sure a piece of crap who has got a lot of things coming to him if not in this life but the next. And all the people that support him. I really can't believe any rational human being would look past a man raping a 13 year old girl and then running from the law. Oh and Miley Cyrus 'cause I think she's a skank and would seriously never let my daughter watch her craptacular show.

Unknown said...

Beth, How could I forget Miley Cyrus? You're right. I can't stand her. Every time I hear her speak it sounds like she has a wad of gum in her mouth.
Jenny, I totally agree with Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton while we're at it.

Krista said...

can't stand jennifer aniston...hated every movie she's been in that i've regrettably seen. but she did look super hot on the cover of that mag.
hate the john and kate hype
can't stand barbara streisand and gross rosie odonnell.
for sure miley cyrus is disgusting and obnoxious.

bevany said...

I've been trying to think of people since I've read this. I'm not a fan of Kate Gosselin anymore. All the interviews I've heard lately from her are horrible. I really can't stand Bradley Cooper. He thinks he's so hot in every movie and he just grosses me out. I'm sure there's more people but I can't think of anyone else.

Amy said...

Love the list. Made me laugh and I agree with most of them!

Jenn said...

I have two more- Nicolas Cage and Keenu Reeve. Terrible actors!!!

bevany said...

Ok...Matthew McConauhey.
YUCK!

Mike said...

I'm just glad it's easy to turn them all off. I'd hate to be them - what a miserable life.

The thing that bothers me most about this oprah movie, is that its meant to be "thought provoking" - Personally, I don't care much to have my thoughts provoked like THAT. This world's a mess