Sunday, March 28, 2010

Deep Breath...Everything's OK

A few nights ago Seth and I went out and left all the kids with a baby sitter. Well not just one baby sitter....TWO!
Our normal babysitter, who we LOVE is only in 7th grade and I was worried that 4 would be a lot for her. Plus one of the main reasons I love her so much is that she plays and makes crafts with the kids the whole time. No movies, or computer. So I was worried that if she spent her time with the twins then the older girls would be left alone.
Anyway I found another girl, who is in 8th grade, and who came highly recommended.
We were both very nervous when we left. The only people who have watched the twins are family, so this was a big deal for us.
But we didn't need to worry. When we got home we found everyone fast asleep and the twins were happy as ever.
The feeling quickly turned from delight that all the kids were fine to sick to my stomach when I remembered how much I had to pay.

7 comments:

Sid said...

it's so worth it to get out with the hubby and to come home to find happy, healthy kids. I love my babysitter and pay way more than i should, but she is the best thing and i never have to worry when im gone!

Unknown said...

Sid,
I totally agree. I always over pay my favorite babysitter. But it's totally worth it when she does such a good job. She also tends to babysit more for me than for others b/c I pay better and my kids love her.

Jenn said...

How sweet that they are holding hands!! I bet that is such a sweet experience to see the bond these darling kiddos have!!

Beth said...

Oh the twins are so cute. I love that pic!

bevany said...

I've never had anyone that young watch my kids. Am I crazy?
That picture of them is too die for. Do they always sleep like that?

Unknown said...

Bev,
no you're not crazy. The 7th grader I use is pretty mature, lives a few houses down(so her mom is close), and I started having her come over when she was in 6th grade during the day in the summer. I would just run to the store or something. but it helped her really get to know my kids.
And no the twins don't always sleep like that. But there have been a number of times that I've caught them holding hands. I love it!!

Sissy Jackson said...

You KILL me. Pay up sister! I was worried that something was wrong...dont do that to me you cheap DOB! I LOVED YOUR STORY!