Saturday, August 22, 2009

Party Time!

Amber, Laura, & Marianne. The party planners that made it all happen.























Today was great. Laura and my friends Marianne and Amber threw me a baby shower. I was a little hesitant when they first brought it up because I already have 2 girls and the last thing I need is more clothes. But they suggested a freezer meal shower. Yes, they know me well. I was so excited! After a little talking though we decided not to call it a freezer meal shower, but rather just suggest some things we need.
The food was great, the friends and family were great and the gifts were great! I feel so spoiled! People kept saying sorry because they thought their gift was "boring". But, honestly freezer meals, diapers and wipes are exactly what we need. Thanks to everyone who came. It really meant a lot.
Oh and while I was gone Seth and our brother in law Nate put up our fence. I didn't take a picture, but I'll get one up soon. It looks awesome!
The nursery is almost finished as well and as soon as it is I'll post pictures.
Thanks again to everyone who came and helped. It means a lot to us!
Only a few more weeks to go. My doctor said if I went into labor in the next week and half he wouldn't stop it. He would rather I make it 3 more weeks. That puts me at 37 weeks. I think I can do that.

12 comments:

Sissy Jackson said...

Amy I have to say you do NOT look like you are having TWINS! You look GOODDDDD.

sunshine said...

We had fun at your cute shower! Oh, and your belly -- adorable!

Jenn said...

I agree with everyone- you look good!! You do not look like twins for sure!! I hope you got a lot of meals, that would be helpful. I will find a good one, and bring it over. But, maybe later so your freezer can not be so full!

Sid said...

Hey looks fun! so sorry i missed it. We had sooo much going on. But i have something for you i will bring by. glad you are doing well!

Liz said...

Wish I would've known about this!! I would've loved to come. I have to agree with everyone else, you look so good!

bevany said...

I'm so sad I didn't come. You do look really good. Good luck in the next three weeks...keep me posted. And, I can't wait to see the nursery!

Kira said...

sorry i couldn't come :( i really wanted to see you! yes we should get together and i'll talk to Nate.

Amy said...

Amy you look great!!! I love your belly! And I think that is such a great idea for a shower! I had a diaper and wipe shower for my girls too. It was just what we needed! Still jealous of how cute you look pregnant.

sally said...

I am so thankful for the good friends in your ward family to help take care of you two... four....six! That was a novel, fun shower. I'm proud of you both for working so hard to meet the day to day. I know it is not easy. I'm proud to see the family help out, too. We are there for you! love Mom

Krista said...

friends and showers are a HUGE help! sounds like we could be having our babes around the same time!

Whitney said...

What a GREAT idea! You look fabulous BTW!

Unknown said...

Amy, Awesome idea!