Sunday, August 9, 2009

"I'm so glad when daddy comes home"

We were all singing that song when Seth came home Saturday night from a 4 day scout camp. He was soooo missed. I know he does a lot around here, but having him gone was a big reminder of how blessed I am to have such an amazing husband.
Claire walked around looking for him and saying his name every day. It was cute.


Somehow I managed to survive while he was gone. Actually it was all because of my amazing family and friends. My kids were taken care of every morning and brought back just in time for naps. I was able to get rest and they had fun. It worked out for everyone.
I haven't been put on bed rest, but I have been given lots of restrictions. It's extremely hard for me to take care of Claire. The biggest reason is because I've been told I can't lift her. She runs around all day making a mess and I've just reached the point where I need help. My kids are once again going somewhere every day this week. I am so lucky!! But this week it's even better because Seth will be home after 5:00pm every day!!! I'm 32 weeks now and I need to get through the month of August. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Well- you look amazing. YOu look way better with 2 than I ever did with one- kindof not fair, but I will forgive you because you are probably miserable. The end always is, but you are almost done!! I do wish you luck, and I know it will be great!!

** Adrian ** said...

32 weeks!! WAHOO!! You're doing so fantastic!!! & I must "ditto" Jenn-- you look AMAZING!!!

I know it's hard when you have restrictions, but take it from one who had restrictions & didn't follow them (with Wyatt) & how I had to pay for it... with him being born more than 7 weeks early (that would be like you have two babies THIS WEEK!) At the time you feel hopeless, but in the end it is SOO worth it!! Even the six weeks in the hospital was worth it when I got to bring my sweet, angel Kaitlyn HOME!!!! Hang in there! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! ;)

Sid said...

Yeah for 32 weeks! keep on trucking amy! those babies are gonna be big and healthy and it will all be worth it! so hang in there! you can do it! i totally understand the bed rest thing. it is terribly hard, but so worth it in the end! lmk if you need me to take your kiddies, my girls would love some playmates! seriously anytime!

Amy said...

You look SO good! Honestly, how are you still so small? It makes me want to go delete all my fat preggo pics.

Congrats on making it 32 weeks! Only a few more to go! And I am sure you are so uncomfortable. I would love to help you. I can watch your girls, make you dinner, or just answer any questions you have about having 2 babies at once!!! I am just so excited for you!

Whitney said...

You look so good for almost being done carrying those twins! I love that pic of the girls both folding their arms! They are too cute. It was good to see you!!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

I am wishing you luck because I think you are one amazing woman to be having twins, with 2 beautiful girls already! You'll have strong healthy babies, and you'll be glad you weren't lifting Claire as a result of those healthy babies. :)

Jen Jenkins said...

YAY for 32 weeks! You are such a cute mommy! Mom of the year, that's for sure!

Liz said...

Hang in there girl!! That's so great you have tons of help. What a blessing.