Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Are You Kidding Me # 20


Seth and I have been talking about the difference between a dog and Claire. I know that sounds rude and you might be thinking are you kidding me, how can she even say that? But Claire has so many similarities with a dog.
Now granted I don't have a dog and I'm not really a dog person. But there are a few things I know about them. For instance, it seems like you can tell a dog "get your leash and we'll go for a walk", and then it does it. Well, I can tell Claire, "Claire get your shoes and we'll go outside". She then gets her shoes and meets me by the door. The similarities don't end there. Claire loves the toilet, garbage can, eating out of my hand, giving slobbery kisses, and she'll eat just about anything and make a mess while doing it. I also think she's pretty cute and most people think their dog is pretty cute.
I love my little Claire no matter what she reminds me of and hopefully one day when she's reading this in the blog book she won't hate me. Just remember Claire, dad thinks it too, it's not just me.

7 comments:

Chuck said...

Now if we could only teach her how to go outside and poop on the neighbors lawn we would have it all.

bevany said...

Oh Amy, this is so funny...poor Claire. I think all parents think things like this about their kids. At least she doesn't pretend to be a dog. Every now and then Mia will crawl around and then come up and try to lick us. Funny post!

Jenn said...

That is too funny!!!

Amy said...

So funny and so true! Although she is so much cuter than any dog I know. I love her headband!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

I would have to agree at that age they are like little puppies. One positive thing though is that kids don't shed all over your furniture like dogs do.

Sid said...

I totally laughed at this cause i compare ava to a dog all the time. She does exactly the same things! I love it!

Mike said...

Ryan's our little puppy. He LOVES to play fetch. He'll bring you the ball and if you don't throw it fast enough he points and does his little grunt thing - roughly translated - "dad, why on EARTH are you taking so long? Throw the stinkin ball"

Plus - "puppy kisses" are a favorite around our house!