Thursday, June 18, 2009

Random Things

On Monday I went to the doctor. It was for a regular ultra sound. Seth and I talked and decided to see if my dad wanted to come. After all he's never seen one and Seth wasn't going. So he took me and it was fun to see him get excited. He asked lots of questions. After the ultra sound I went back for my visit with Dr. Terry and my dad stayed in the waiting room. Turns out they were scared about this thing called Twin To Twin Transfusion. They've always said it was possible, especially with identical twins, but they were nervous because one was growing at a slower rate and had a sack of fluid around it. So they sent me down to another ultra sound place, one place I hope I never have to go to again. The doctor there was great and very nice, but I could tell it was the place they send people who have problems. Anyway everything turned out fine. They'll do another ultra sound in 2 weeks and every 2 weeks after that just to keep an eye on things.

Today I went to my cousin Jane's so she could teach me how to make Bula. I thought it would be fun to make it for my dad for Fathers Day. It turned out to be very easy. Although that said I've never made it by myself. So we'll see how I do tomorrow when I try again.

Later when the kids were playing Claire got into something in Bella's room so I hurried and scooted her out and shut the door. The only problem was her little finger was in the part that got shut. It nearly broke my heart. I hurried and picked her up and held her and immediately started crying with her. Not very helpful I know but my heart was breaking knowing she was in so much pain and I had cause it. I gave her her binky and blanket and put some ice on it. She calmed down pretty fast. But I haven't been able to forget that feeling. I love my kids so much and would die if anything ever happened to them, especially if it was my fault. This little accident made me think about how fragile these little ones lives are. I feel so blessed to have healthy, smart, beautiful kids.

No comments: