Saturday, October 11, 2008

Men are from mars

Of course I've always known there's a huge difference between the way men and women think, but I tend to forget. Case in point. Today I came home from the grocery store and couldn't wait to tell Seth all about my great deals. I won't bore everyone with all my finds, but one included frozen vegetables that were on sale for .99, plus I had a coupon for $1.00 off. Yes, they were free!! Anyway, I had many other great deals like that and I was so excited to talk about them. I mean, literally I drove home from the store with a huge smile on my face because of all the money I had saved. I came in and started telling Seth all about my deals and what does he say? "That's great, good job". I was expecting a little more excitement. I know for a fact that many of my girlfriends would be just as thrilled about my purchases as I was.
Oh well. I'm glad we think differently and don't get excited about the same things. (like Seth and football). Next time I have a great day at the grocery store, I'll just have to call a girlfriend, who also gets excited about grocery deals. Anyone interested?

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Heck ya - count me in!!!
Men???!!!!

Jenn said...

I want to get things for free at the grocery store. I swear I have to pay 40. just to walk in the door! Men are never excited about the things you are

Kira said...

HAHA totally love this post cuz I also get overly excited about great deals. It's just so exciting to save money or get something for free....I mean really if they knew the extent we go to to save $. I tend to hyperventilate over a sweet deal. So for future reference: I'd get excited for ya!

** Adrian ** said...

I too LOVE a great deal!!! Here's a great blog about a lady that gets AMAZING deals for stuff...I'm thinkin' I need to start getting the Sunday paper so I can cash in on her finds, too!!

http://mamaksspot.blogspot.com/

Also, you've probably heard of this one, but http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/ is a great "deal" sight too!

I'd totally get excited for you--I was excited just READING about your great deals!!

Sid said...

that is soooooo funny- okay so i was at the store that same day (as you know) and i got the same deals! and like you i was so dang excited about all the money i saved, but again tony doesn't get as excited as me! so you can call me! I guarantee i get just as excited! Do you do pinching your pennies, or anything?

Unknown said...

Adrian & Sid,
Yes I totally look at penching your pennies. Thanks for the other suggestions Adrian. Shopping smart and coupon mom are good too.