Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hi, I'm Amy and I'm Addicted to Treats


I have a serious problem. I can't go a day without a treat. I've tried and believe me when I tell you, you don't want to be around me on those days. My problem is so bad that my kids and I are on a first name basis with the workers at a local bakery. What blows my mind is that I know people who are disciplined enough to go without it. I have some friends, who will remain nameless, that only have it on the weekends. Even crazier than that, is my neighbor who allows herself a treat just one day a month. Who are these people? Have they lost their minds? I'm all for loosing weight, but I found when I went without treats I was just mean. It wasn't worth the pounds. I have however, decided that I must put some restrictions on my habit. For now I'm restricting myself to one treat a day. I think that's reasonable. If there is anyone else out there like me, take comfort knowing you're not alone!

6 comments:

Kira said...

ha ha so totally understand. i actually can't go a meal without following it up with a little sweet something. so i've found a little secret: i love dark chocolate so i have a bag of special dark chocolate chips and eat a few after my real food and it ties me over and makes me HAPPY. trust me it's like my medicine or something, without it i'm like "what's wrong with me today?" then I remember the chips!

Sid said...

I have at least one a day- i can't control myself! I have self control whatsovever when it comes to treats!

bevany said...

One a day? Are you kidding me? I eat them all day long. I swear I buy more treats when I go grocery shopping than normal food. It's sad, really. Good for you to have self control though!

Jenn said...

I do take comfort in knowing that. I love my treats as well. That is my biggest downfall, when it comes to eating anyways!!!! That is funny

the youngs said...

I have found that eating treats is a great hobby. I figure...life is short and there are so many different treats to enjoy that one a day will not suffice, so take my advice: EAT LOTS OF TREATS!

simply jami said...

Right there with ya, amy! There has got to be a better way than deprivation of sweets. Let me know when you find it.