Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Are You Kidding Me #6

For the past few nights I have begun to get back to somewhat of a normal schedule. I still get up at 6:30am to go to the gym, but I don't need a nap during the day to function anymore and I can stay up until 10:00pm. This is progress for me. Anyway, now that I'm such a night owl, I can watch TV with Seth. Here's the problem: I want to find something we both like. I really don't watch that much TV, so I don't know where to start. Some of you might be saying "are you kidding me? You're blogging about what to watch?". The answer is yes. I need some suggestions. I love winding down at the end of the day and being together, but I can only take so many episodes of "Flip this house" and re-runs of "Scrubs". (Seth's 2 favorite shows). We love Jon & Kate Plus 8, but we save that to watch with Bella, because she loves it. I'm looking for something that we can get hooked on. I've been told it's too late for "Lost", because we didn't start from the beginning, and "The Office" doesn't start again until the fall. If you have any suggestions, please pass them along.
P.S. I refuse to watch "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" so don't even suggest it (you know who I'm talking to)

11 comments:

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

May I suggest "So You Think You Can Dance," the season just started last week...it's on Thursday nights. Or, we also like Man vs. Wild. Cody is the one who got me hooked on "So You Think You can Dance"...First season I refused to watch it, Second season I watched it and wished I hadn't missed the first season.

Kathy said...

I agree with "so you think you can dance" that's a good one. We have the same problem in our house, can't agree on any shows. The summer is hard because there aren't a lot of good shows on.

bevany said...

Okay, so I'm a tv freak. If you like reality shows The Mole is starting on abc. We watched a season of it last time it was on and we loved it. I don't know if it will be good this time or not...Big Brother will be starting again in July. I know it's sad I watch it but it's addicting! If you have cable My Boys on tbs is hilarious...it's starting up again this summer too. Sorry for the novel.

Unknown said...

Bev, I saw that you know my friend Marianne. That's so funny. We just met when I moved into this ward 3 years ago. were you guys friends at Ricks? Thanks for the TV tips, I've never heard of the one on TBS I'll have to check it out.
Nikki & Kathy, that's so funny about "so you think you can dance", because we've been told to watch it, so we might have to. Has it already staretd?

Chuck said...

How about we buy another TV and set them up next to each other with headphones! We can cuddle too.

Rick & Marianne said...

Amy...I haven't seen your blog for a couple of weeks. I love your little "rants" (as you call them). I think "Chuck"'s suggestion is the best. I'm proud of you for being a late owl!

Lori said...

Aaron started recording "So You Think You Can Dance" and it confused me. Of all things that Aaron would record, that show (I thought) would be at the end of his list. When I asked him why, he told me that he wanted some good laughs. It's sad, but pretty funny when people get in front of the judges claiming they have had years of professional training and then start dancing like they have bugs crawling all over them.

It's almost summer (well, here anyways--we are a little behind here)! Are you planning your trip up here yet? Seth can come too if he wants.

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

Along with the other posters... So you think you can dance is pretty much the only show I will be watching this summer. It is so good. I still get the chills thinking of some of the dances from last year. I know. I'm a geek.

Lindsey said...

Geez, sounds like me and Seth wouldn't fight over the remote - Scrubs and flip this house are my faves - but have you guys watched 24? I know it's so 10 years ago, but we have the DVD's - you can rent them - and it is so fun to watch together. Best show ever. Jack Bauer for President!

Curtis and Shandy said...

I always watch HGTV and Food network. But to be honest me and Curtis don't watch the same things, he laughs at what I like. So good for you. Sadly I like keeping up with the kardashians so basically I am no help. But Hi!

bevany said...

Marianne lived next door to Les and me at Ricks. She's so cute. Okay, so The Mole was kind of dumb...seriously, try My Boys. It's pretty funny. They are showing re-runs this week and new episodes start next week.