Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Big 3-0!!!










Me & Marianne




Everyone enjoying some good food and laughs

Chris , Emmie, & Sharla


Laura & Beth

Seth turned 30 today and we started the morning off with our traditional breakfast and presents in bed. Bella wanted in on the picture, of course. But we started the birthday festivities Saturday night with a surprise party. Most people know I've been working on this for the past few months. I basically used every hook up I have. We rented a banquet room at the Cotton Tree Inn and Kim at Parsons made the cake and the catering was done by a place in Salt Lake. I had originally wanted to throw him a roast but decided that was a little mean so I told people to come with any funny or embarrassing stories they had of Seth. It was so much fun. Our favorite by far was the picture Rick & Marianne brought. They brought a framed picture with our heads photo shopped onto some people at a BYU game with the mascot. We got a good laugh at that. Seth says it's going in his office. Kellie and Josh also told some great stories that we didn't know about Seth. It was great seeing all of our friends that we don't always get to see and having our ward friends there.
Tonight we had cake and ice cream with both our families. It was a packed house. Everyone from my family came and almost everyone from Seth's family.
It was such a great weekend. Thanks everyone who helped make it possible. (Marianne, Amber, Jodie & Jenny for helping with the water bottles and table setting. You guys are great friends)!

9 comments:

Chuck said...

That first picture is the reason someone started going to the gym this morning. Yikes!

Thanks for the effort you put into the party. Not many wives will do that. Man am I lucky. I love you.

Oh, and I still got roasted! Thanks. I thought I had friends.

Sid said...

sounds fun amy! What a good wife to have such a fun birthday party all planned out like that!

Jessica said...

What a wonderful wife you are!! Good job Amy. You did great and you look great too! How funny to bring back some old memories!
Happy Birthday!!!

Lori said...

You are the nicest wife ever!! For Aaron's 30, I invited his family over for dinner and that is as far as I went. How sweet to throw a big party and breakfast in bed!! Wow! Seth is one lucky man.

Curtis and Shandy said...

Happy Birthday Seth!!!

bevany said...

You're such a cute wife. Looks like a fun party! Mike turns 30 this year too...I think he's a little nervous about it...it looks like Seth handled it ok.

Kathy said...

Oh Seth you are so old! Hope you had a good b-day, looks like a fun party!
I guess I can't say you are old since I am almost a year older! Amy that's awesome you pulled off the surprise!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Happy 30th to your hubby. You'll have to tell me how you pulled that surprise party off!!!

Anonymous said...

what a cute thing to do for seth! i bet he loved it! you are so thoughtful to get so creative with your hands full of two sweet girls!