Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Are you kidding me #3


I'm so sick of Mariah Carey. There are so many things that bother me about her. For starters, wearing cut off shorts and a bikini top when you're 38 is not only unattractive, but embarrassing. Speaking of embarrassing, she went on Oprah to show off her 3000 sq ft closet. Are you kidding me? That's the size of some peoples houses. She should be embarrassed. While on Oprah she was also promoting the fact that she's a size 2 and she's hasn't been since she was a junior in high school. That's a great example to our young girls. I think what bothers me the most is that she actually has talent. She can really sing and writes her own music. But all of that is over showed by how sleazy she dresses and acts. I think I must be turning into a feminist in my old age. But I am so tired of women degrading themselves like this.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for feminists! i hear ya! mariah was so 1990's - she was done after "you'll always be my babe'"....her tight sleezy outfits are just bad. and personally i don't think she is a size 2 (maybe in the plus size section)...hahaha!!!! anyway i agree; she is no example.

bevany said...

I agree...there's no way she's a size 2. She does have talent, but you're right, she doesn't need to show her body all the time and show off her closet. I think having daughters makes you look at things a lot differently. Put some clothes on people!

eMiLy said...

ha that is so funny you posted that....SHE DRIVES ME NUTS! I just made a comment to my husband yesterday how much I was sick of hearing about her! She bugs!! ....and onto a more important subject....man if you didn't fall in love with the first book then the second one won't do you any favors probably (for me its by far the least favorite of the three)! If your an Edward fan then its kindof depressing! I don't know I think its worth giving the whole series a try..but then again it had me from the start!

Jessica said...

I love your "are you kidding me's". Good point, and I completly agree with you. Can't wait to hear your next one!

Kathy said...

I can't stand her! I personally don't even like her voice, and she always does weird things with her hands when she sings.

Curtis and Shandy said...

Ooooh, I can't stand her!