Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Are you kidding me #2

I just heard on the news that the men involved in this polygamy thing in Texas are getting a lawyer and filling their own lawsuit against the state. Are you kidding me? There are so many things wrong with that. First of all I can't believe there's a lawyer who would want to represent them. Wait, yes I can. (no offense Kari or Russ, you're great).
Child protective services, already had to take more than 400 kids from the compound because they're worried about their safety. 400!!! That's incredible. Where do all these women have their babies? Can they go to a hospital or do they have to do it on the compound?
It just makes me sick that these creepy old men think they can justify "marrying" a 14 year old and getting her pregnant at 16. They should all go to jail like Warren Jeffs if you ask me.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

That whole story is just crazy, and I agree who would actually want to represent those people.

Jessica said...

Are you kidding me is right - oh my.... That is soo sad - 400 children, WOW! I definatly think prison too!

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

I love your "Are you Kidding Me" segment. I find great joy in the fact that someone is as shocked at these crazy things as I am!

the youngs said...

Gross. These peeps creep me! Keep the Are You Kidding Me going!!