Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Scary car Accident

Yesterday I was in the scariest car accident. I was going to get Claire from school and blacked out. When I came to the paramedics were asking if I remembered anything and asking lots of questions, like what was the date and my name and so many others that I couldn't answer.
It was the worst feeling.
When the car stopped I knew I didn't know where I was, but I could see the twins in the rear view mirror ad they looked happy and my air bag wasn't out so I figured we were ok.
They said I had a seizure. That seemed crazy to me since I've never had one. Which is why they said I needed to go to the hospital. So they took me and the twins in the ambulance.
Once we got there and I was in the room with the doctor it was like everything came rushing back. I remembered that I had been on my way to get Claire, I knew my phone number and Seth's name and number and then I realized that I was supost to be tending for Chelsie, but I couldn't call her because I didn't know where my phone or purse was and then I realized I didn't know where the twins were.
The nurses kept telling me that my blood pressure was through the roof and everything was fine and not to worry.
Within minutes of them saying that Seth walked in. It was such a relief.
He had called my awesome friends and my dad and everything was being taken care of. Then my dad got there and they both stayed until I was released.
We're all pretty sure it was a side effect of the new medicine I was taking.
Yesterday and today have pretty much been a blur.
Oh and the worst part is they said I can't drive for 6 months!! I still haven't even wrapped my brain around that. I have way too many things to deal with, like all the custody stuff, court, therapy, swimming lessons, tennis lessons and the list goes on.
The ward has started a driving list. I hate needing so much help, but there is no way I can do it all without help. My dad and Seth can do the Salt Lake ones and my therapy, but I'll need friends and ward members for the others in Bountiful.
I'm meeting with the doctor tomorrow and hopefully that will be good news.

No comments: