Saturday, December 3, 2011

Bella's Jem & The Holograms Birthday Party

About a month ago I asked Bella what kind of party she wanted and she said a Jem and The Holograms party (we have a channel that shows it and she and Claire can't get enough). I thought this was a great idea since I loved the show when I was a kid, but I reminded her that none of her friends would know what that show is. But we went ahead and planned the party anyway.
We gave everyone a VIP Pass that doubled as their pass into the party.
We started at our house and watched an episode of Jem so that everyone would know what we were talking about. After the show we headed to the church where the girls split up in 3 groups. One group did lip syncing, one group met with stylists who did their hair and nails and one group played pin the ear ring on Jem and musical chairs. After the girls had been to each group it was time to open presents and have cake.
They all had a great time.
Bella after she had her nails painted and hair done
Girls getting their nails painted
Girls getting their hair done
The birthday guitar cupcake cake

Blowing out the candles
The Stylists

4 comments:

Brittany said...

You're such a fun mom! I want that birthday party! I loved Jem and the Hollagrams! Also, did you make that cake? If so, you are amazing!

Unknown said...

Yeah right Brittany. Walmart made the cake. I wish I could take credit. And the only reason I went all out is because my kids only get a friend party every other year. And her 5 year party was also at the church. We played musical chairs and pin the tail on the donkey. Pretty much the same party but luckily she is pretty easy to please. :)

bevany said...

LOVE this! Can you throw me a Jem birthday party next year?
My favorite is how into it she is with the microphone in the fist picture. Such a lucky girl to have you as her mom!

Beth said...

haha. That looks like a lot of fun. I like how you enlisted the young women to help. What a good idea!