Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Date With My Girl

Lately Bella's been asking if we can go somewhere, anywhere.
"Just us, not Claire, and not the twins", is how she puts it.
I thought that was a great idea and asked what she wanted to do. I was thinking a movie or something. But, what she wanted was to go to the
LiBrArY!!!
This was great news for me. Free and close to home.
Although it did get me thinking about the last time I took her to the library. Sadly I think it was close to 3 years ago. Don't judge.
I remember the last time we went and just picture Claire running wild and me pregnant with twins. It wasn't a pretty sight.
So thanks to my friend Tibi who offered to come to my house and play games with Claire (perfect one-on-one attention) while the twins slept, we were able to get out for an hour and a half.
Just us! Exactly what she wanted. We read books, even checked some out (she was pretty excited about that) and got ice cream.
It was a perfect date!

3 comments:

Sid said...

i love the one on one time with my girlies! it's so fun!

Jenn said...

What a cute mama!!!

Anonymous said...

You need to come to story time at the library with us on Wed mornings and 10:15...i know it might be tough with all 4!