Saturday, July 19, 2008

One Small Step..

This morning I did something I've never done before. I ran a 5K. I know it's nothing big. Especially for all you seasoned runners (April, Morgan, Lisa, Lindsey). But for me who has never run in a race, and only started running a few weeks ago, it was a big accomplishment. I was feeling pretty good about myself, because I beat my time from the day before. Though that feeling was short lived when my neighbor, who is a 10 year old boy, ran past me. Yes, I felt like a complete looser. Oh well. I tried something new and it didn't kill me. Who knows, maybe I will accomplish my dream of a half marathon. My fan club Claire
Bella wouldn't' be in the picture, she was having too much fun with the other kids.
Thanks Sethy for getting up early and getting the kids dressed and ready. That's impressive. Even if you did put that dumb hat on Claire.

11 comments:

Jenn said...

I am very impressed! You did it, and what were your feelings two weeks ago- you didn't think you could run at all, and now a 5k! Just goes to show you are awesome, and you need to give yourself more credit.

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Way impressed. More than I am doing at the moment!

Jessica said...

Way to go AMY!!!! That is awesome! You look great. 5k is something to definatly SHOUT out about - way to go!!!

April said...

That is so great Amy! So are you bitten with the running bug now?

Lori said...

Good job Amy! To run a race with only a few weeks of training is awesome! It was so fun to see you guys, but way to short. Next time, I'll have to come down your way.

Chuck said...

Uh hum... Looser or Loser? Running, I guess, could make you a little bit "looser" though. That hat rocks! Look how stinking cute she is! Running sucks and I'm proud that you did it.

Kathy said...

Good job Amy! That's so awesome! I love running, it makes yo feel so good.

Sid said...

Good job amy! That's always a fun thing to do. We need to do stuff for ourselves once in a while!

Unknown said...

you guys are all so nice to me.
Jen-you are so sweet, because you've seen me run and know I'm not that great.
April-I think I might try a 10K. There's one coming up in Salt Lake. We'll see.
Chuck-I'm seriously going to un-invite you to look at this blog.

bevany said...

Dang. I'm way impressed. I haven't ran even around the block since the days of being forced to in gym class. You are rockin' that spandex. Way to go!

Liz said...

Yay for you Amy! Running is a blast. There is a really great 1/2 marathon down Provo Canyon that I do. It's coming up in a few weeks. You should run it with me sometime! It's a fun one.