Sunday, February 10, 2008

No Sleep

How could I forget that when you have a new baby you get no sleep? I must have blocked this part out. I wouldn't change anything to have our sweet little Claire, but I am definitely a person who needs 8 hours of consecutive sleep. So needless to say I'm walking around like a zombie these days.
Last night around 2:00am I had just finished feeding the baby, when Bella started crying and calling my name because she had a nightmare. I let her sleep in our bed, mostly because I was too tired. That was mistake #1. She never gets to sleep in our bed, so she looked at this like play time. The rest of the night was pretty much a blur. I fed the baby again and this morning found everything like this: Seth asleep in Bella's bed, me downstairs, and Bella alone in our bed. Something is seriously wrong with this picture.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

oh Amy it will get better! I am finally starting to get back to a somewhat normal sleep pattern. I still take naps almost everyday.Hang in there, enjoy her while she is little, it goes by too fast:)

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Amy, I had a little chuckle out-loud when I read this. That's way funny. I can relate!

Lori said...

I'm sorry Amy! I remember those days of walking around like a zombie. My mom used to tell me to put a movie on for Kylie and take a nap when Taylor was sleeping, but it's so hard when there are a million things you need to get done during that time.

Those pictures of Claire are adorable! You have the cutest girls!

Sid said...

Oh Amy- i totally remember those days, and i am gearing up to do the same zombie walk in a few weeks! She is such a cute little baby- i guess it makes the no sleep worth it!

sunshine said...

Why can I not stop laughing?! I promise you'll be sleeping through the night before you know it!

bevany said...

I swear somehow what happens after the baby is born is magically erased from our memory. Why would we put ourselves through it more than once if we remembered? Their cuteness is definitely worth it. Hang in there!!

sunshine said...

doesn't he say 'on paper'? jk did you officially get on my blog yet?

Unknown said...

still waiting Kel.....