Thursday, February 21, 2008

Is there a light at the end of this tunnel?

How did this happen? I'm sick!!!! I've basically been a hermit since I had Claire and I still got sick. I can't believe my luck. So now not only am I sleep deprived but I can't go 2 minutes without coughing. Claire and I have taken up residence down stairs. For 2 reasons: 1) I can have the little heater on as high as I want and 2) Seth won't be kept up all night by my annoying coughing. I say annoying because I'm even annoyed by it. If you were to stop by my house, like my poor friend Jodi, you would see me in PJ's with a mask on. It's not a pretty sight.
I'm wearing the mask because I'm not taking any chances with Claire getting sick. I had to spend 5 days in Primary Children's Hospital with Bella when she was 5 weeks old because she had RSV. I'm convinced that Bella or Seth brought something home and I got it, but they never did. Really, this is so not fair!
(I just had to complain a little, I'm over it now. Thanks for listening)
I think the saddest part is that I haven't kissed my girls or my husband in a week. I miss it!

9 comments:

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Awwww, Amy, I feel your pain!!! You are too good, wearing the mask to protect your little one and all. So smart. I was terribly sick also, it seemed to last much longer than your typical 2-3 day cough/flu stuff. So rest as much as possible (which seems impossible when you have kids) and get well!

Jessica said...

Oh Amy I'm sorry. Can't you just wait for the cough and flu season to be DONE? Man it is spreading like wildfire here too. It stinks when mom is sick!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are sick! you need lots of sleep, herbal tea, and OJ!

bevany said...

That is definitely not fair. You are such a good mom wearing a mask. I would never even think of that. I hope you feel better soon!!

Lori said...

I'm sorry! This has been our sick week too. Kylie and Taylor both have step and I've had a bad cold with a cough the past few days. It's hard to take care of kids when you have no energy and feel horrible yourself.

You are a good mom for wearing a mask! I don't think that I would have thought of that either. I hope you get over it quickly and that it doesn't spread to your hubby and girls.

Kathy said...

Sorry Amy that is no fun. I know what you mean about not taking chances. Kyra had Rsv when she was a baby. I am hoping Jaxon will escape it this winter. It seems like we all finally got better then Kyra started getting a runny nose again Friday. I hope you get better soon!

Sid said...

oh amy- that is sooo hard. I hate being sick, especially with a brand new baby. Good for you for wearing a mask. I am glad you know the severity of RSV. People think I am crazy when I tell them to not leave the house in the winter with a newborn. But I see how sick they get, and if only everyone knew, then we wouldn't get so packed up at primary's this time of year! Hope you get better soon and start getting some sleep. My sister is in the same boat. She hasn't slept a decent night in 6 weeks!

Unknown said...

Sid- It's nice to hear that from someone who knows what they're talking about. Did you get the e-mail from hatch about dinner on Saturday night when Noelle's here? E-mail me or her for the details.

jenny said...

It is tuff being sick, especially with a baby. I hear it is a horrible season for everything. Counting the days until flu season is over.