Saturday, December 15, 2007

Fun weekend




This time of year gets so busy. I can't believe the weekend is over let alone that the month is already half over.
We had our annual friend/neighborhood Christmas party Friday night. So much fun, but of course I was so caught up in all the fun that I forgot to take pictures. The traditional white elephant game was fun, with Seth and Laura fighting over who got the Santa thong. We also introduced a new game. But I don't know the name, it has to do with nursery rhymes. It was so much fun watching my darling husband get stumped.
Then Saturday morning Beth took out her endowments. She chose this day because it would have been Seth's dad's birthday. She looked beautiful and so happy. Again, no pictures. After the temple everyone enjoyed lunch at Texas Roadhouse, one of their dad's favorites. (how cute is my sister-in-law? She's 24, so pretty, a nurse, owns her own place, gets Seth's sense of humor, and as Seth always says, she got the best traits of everyone in his family). I had to put that out there just so you all know.
Saturday night was the annual Christmas party with all of Seth's high school friends. (you guessed it, no pictures). Seth couldn't wait to bring the thong and hopefully Bart and Monica will get some use out of it. I'm sure everyone enjoyed seeing Bart try it on. We love our new cell phones that look like bricks.
I love this time of year when we get to spend time with family and friends. It almost makes me forgot how miserable I feel being pregnant. (only 4 weeks left)
Oh and one last thing that made our weekend great...Laura found out she's having a girl!!!! I can't wait for the little cousins to get here and be best friends.

3 comments:

Chuck said...

You should probably specify who Mont is, because only my friends would know that name. Beth purposely chose the 15th.

Unknown said...

I like the candid picture with everybody's concentration faces....hmmmm, should I have the ribs or the ribs?

It was a good day.

sunshine said...

Amy! We missed you Saturday! It was a great day, and Beth was awesome! I love the temple. Lunch was fun too, you know, with screaming kids and no naps. You would have really love it! Hope you're feeling up to par soon. Let's see, I'm at 8 weeks post partum, and life is ALMOST a little normal!! Hailee slept all night in her bed!! It's a Christmas miracle.