Sunday, October 21, 2007

I miss school


I can't believe I'm saying it, but I really miss school. Maybe it's because it's fall and that time of year, or maybe it's because I'm not there. I don't know what it is, but there are so many things I miss about it. I'll admit I've never been a top student, but when I got to college and found something that I enjoyed learning, everything changed. I loved learning from someone who was working in the field. I loved being challenged. I loved reading. I loved graduating knowing I accomplished something big.
Now, I know I could challenge myself and read without going to college. But there's something different about being in the grind of school and reading text books and other books you're assigned to. I still read the news paper and I read the book club books as well as others, but it's not the same. I also miss the book store. That's a funny thing to miss, but I do. I just miss being on campus. I know so many people who are in school right now and probably think I'm nuts. Maybe I am. Hopefully in a few years when my youngest is in school, I'll be able to go back. Then I can look back at this and laugh.

5 comments:

Treion Muller said...

YOU ARE CRAZY!!! I am so glad that I am done--now I read what I want, when I want

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Ditto on what Treion says. I love reading what I want, when I want! I hope all us girls can get together around Thanksgiving, I'll be up in Utah. Will you be around?

Chuck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-ish said...

You can come do my homework if you'd like.

sunshine said...

I miss going to school too, but I think it's because life was a little simpler then...all I had to worry about was school, work, friends, hot dates, and ..that's it! I get nostalgic just thinking about it.