Tuesday, September 4, 2007

What's in a name?

We started thinking about names for the baby the other day and this is turning out to be very difficult. A persons name is so important. There are so many things to consider. You have to think about something that's cute right now, as well as something that will fit them when they're an adult. And you can't choose something that's so popular that everyone has it. (AKA: Amy, in 1st grade there were 4 Amy's, I thought my name was Amy H. for a whole year). But you also can't choose something that is so obscure people are always asking how to pronounce and spell it. We've been looking through books, but all that does is make us laugh because there are so many strange ones. And everything I like Seth doesn't like and everything he likes I don't. Bella's choices include Mommy, Daddy or Laura. So here we are back at square one without any ideas. I thought I would see if any of my friends and family have ideas of how to find a good name. And I know all of you who don't have kids yet, have some great names that you won't want to share but at least tell me how you came up with your amazing names.

11 comments:

Chuck said...

ABBY! ABBY! ABBY! ABBY! C'mon Abigale. It's perfect and you know it.

Unknown said...

I'm not sold on it. Keep trying.

KjO said...

Seth Brown? What up Brother? This is Olsen. I was reading Treions blog and saw your wife commenting, clicked over to see who you all were and Bam! There is your mug shinning like a beacon of light...ok maybe not a beacon of light....

That reminds me I need to email your sister...

Check out my web site at www.thisolsenlife.com you will need to log in using family as the ID and happyus as the password. Make sure the check out the videos so you can see how cute my son is.

Take care brother.

KjO

Treion Muller said...

Treionita is not taken yet....not too shabby

Lindsey said...

Aims, I'm rackin' my brain for a girl name...I'll get back to you on that one. But, if you don't have crib bedding yet - - go to walmart.com and check out their new bedding. It is so dang cute. I want to buy some for my next baby, but I'll have to restrain myself.

Unknown said...

Linds, thanks I'll have to check it out. I also went to Sassy babies today to look for shoes. Way cute!!!

Kari said...

Funny you don't have any. I have a bunch I like and no girls to name. If I do ever get a girl, I will problably have a hard time pinning one down. Do you have any good family names? I love old names that have been around forever (hence the names of my boys). I have a couple of great grandmother (and great-great grandmother) names picked out if I get a girl. Also, my best friend named her little girl Ellie. I like that one a lot. There's one suggestion. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

thanks Kari. We do have names picked out for a boy, but we're stuck with the girl ones. I love the name Ellie. That's so cute.

Lindsey said...

Aim - I think girls' are the hardest names...We didn't have a name for Josie until she was 3 days old! I say don't rush it and something adorable will come to you. Your baby will be so cute that you could probably name her anything and she'll make it cute!

-ish said...

Hat, Sandstorm, Bookcase, or Level. I think those are great names.

the youngs said...

What about Hebby?