Thursday, May 3, 2007

This might be the death of me....


I hate swimming lessons. The only thing that keeps me going back is the nonrefundable payment I made. It's 25 minutes of hell. Bella cries for almost the whole time. She refuses to do the things the teacher does, like blowing bubbles, practicing kicking and strokes. However she does like to jump into the pool from the side. Is she crazy or is it just me? I can't understand how she dares jump off the side but not do anything while I'm holding her. Seth tells me I should stop trying to figure out the way a two year thinks. I think he's right. But all be damned if we're going to quit. We will get our moneys worth and maybe along the way she'll start to like it. (I can always hope).

3 comments:

sally said...

She will eventually love the water. Maybe, next summer?

the youngs said...

Is that the new pool at the Bountiful Rec Center? I can hardly wait to come check it out next visit--I bet Andrew is excited as well! (He always loved the Bubble.)

jenny said...

kids have such a mind of their own. The best word for them is Deteremind. They test our patience but they are the best thing in the world. Would never go back.