Sunday, May 6, 2007

the church bag


As I walked into church today I was complaining in my head about how heavy the church bag has become. I mean seriously, is all this stuff necessary? so during sacrament meeting I took inventory. And it was sad.
Bella's stuff includes: Diaper, wipes, wheat bread, apple slices, Dora toy, books
Amy's stuff includes: gum, cookies, licorice, crayons, coloring book,(I try to pass these off as Bella's but anyone who sees me during church, knows she never uses them) scriptures, primary stuff.

After taking inventory I realized I'm to blame for the heaviness. But in my defence it's what keeps me going. You would think taking care of a 2 year old would do it, but half the time she sits with our friends who don't have kids.
At least I figured out why the church bag is so heavy. Am I the only mom who does this?

4 comments:

Anne said...

You could get rid of the sriptures. That would reduce the weight by at least half. ;)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

good thinking!

Chuck said...

You need to focus on what is being said in the meeting, instead of stuffing your face full of food, especially when it's fast sunday!