Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January Blahs

Every year January rolls around and I remember how much I don't like this month. It's cold outside and we're all stuck inside.
So we've gotten a little creative thinking up fun things to do.
After all, I can only play hide and go seek so many times a day.
Bella loves to dress up and she has been so excited that Bre loves it too. Syd wants nothing to do with it and she won't even let Bella come near her with a tutu or crown. But Bre on the other hand loves it! Here's just one example: One morning the school had mom's and muffins. That was a nice break out of the house. Claire even dressed herself. I wish I had taken a picture of the full outfit. She was so excited to be a part of Bella's school for one day.
The girls made a fort in the bunk bed. I think they were more excited about playing with the flashlights.
We've also spent many days cooking together. These are the aprons we made with sister Toolson last summer. Oh and that's pretty typical for Claire to have no pants on. At least this day she decided to ware underwear.
Here's to having a good attitude about all the cold months ahead!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Claire looks so grown up!!! I thought Bre was Claire, until I saw the other pictures!! Wow, you have identical triplets, just one is 2 years older!!!

Unknown said...

Jenny,
That's so funny because Sue stopped me at church last week and said, that when the twins come to nursery she'll just call them Claire #1 & #2.

Kira said...

I thought Bre was Claire too! I also dislike January VERY very much! Hoping February gives us a few more sunny days. Darling pictures of your girls!

Chelsea said...

Haha, I loved your comment. I think Seth was like, "What?" when we told him we'd just come from the ultrasound. It's still pretty surreal at this point.

I've got to say that your girls are the cutest!!! It looks like, despite the yuckiness that is January, you all have a lot of fun together. :)

Chris aka Nana said...

Amy, maybe you have done all these but here are some ideas if not. Try an indoor picnic on the floor. Reading in the bath tub (no water). If you can find boxes at a store let them decorate the cars and have an indoor drive-in movie. They could drive their cars to a "fast food kitchen" and you serve them "car hop" style. Maybe minus roller skates. Have fun they are adorable. Time goes so quickly enjoy the "indoor days" before they disappear.

Beth said...

I agree. I hate January. The winter always makes me want to move to AZ. Love the pantless claire. Hilarious.

Sissy Jackson said...

That little butt is DARLING! So are the girls...How fun!

bevany said...

You're such a good mom. At our house it's called watching tv and movies. But, the girls built a fort with their bunk beds just tonight and are attempted to sleep in it together.
Oh, and I'm jumping on the bandwagon and saying that I thought Bre was Claire too...funny!

Sid said...

I agree i hate January! it's the death month! ava is so much like claire! i can't keep clothes on her! it's too funny! she is my naked girl!