Friday, January 21, 2011

5 Years and Going Strong

I just got my 2010 blog book and I am so excited!! Every year when it comes I am reminded why I do this. I now have 4 years of a photo/journal/family history (the blog books are the white books in the picture)! For me the blog is more of a journal. I love that I can write as much as I want and either post it for everyone to see or keep it private. It's wonderful!
Since this is more of a journal I don't post nearly as many pictures as I actually take. Which is why I started doing digital scrapbooks about 3 years ago. Right now I use Shutterfly, but if anyone has a company they like better I would love to know.
One last thing. I have had a lot of people asking me about how to turn their blog into a book. So to answer those of you who asked I use http://www.blurb.com/
It can be a little tricky at times so feel free to call or e-mail if you have questions.
And to answer the other questions I've been getting asked...yes I am still putting together blog books and scrapbooks for people. I have been doing this for quit a few years now and if you are interested or have questions please e-mail me I'd love to get one started for you! mrsamyhbrown@gmail.com

11 comments:

bevany said...

It's my goal this year to print some blog books. I better get started!

Jessica said...

Let me just tell everyone.... - AMY IS SO AWESOME! She has done my blog books for the last 3 years! I never have to worry about anything - she takes the guess work out of everything.
She spends HER time for ME making my family history into a book and for that I am truly grateful.
My boys are always pulling our books off the shelf to look at the pictures or to show people. They are very special in our home and one of the things I would grab in a fire!

Amy- THANK YOU!
You keep going strong women!

Kira said...

great info! My friend also uses blurb and she likes it...did it take you a while the first year? Do you have have people pay you to do their books? that sounds enticing!

Brittany said...

I'm totally going to do a blog book this year. I love the idea and didn't know where to get them done. Thanks for the info!

Jenn said...

I agree- such a good way to journal!!!

Liz said...

Good job Amy! You go girl. I have been needing to do it, but I actually feel overwhelmed because I have a lot to do of each year. Your books on your shelves look awesome! What a treasure!

Sissy Jackson said...

Oh Ya, you are the one that taught me about BLURB...Im going to gear up to do 2010...It takes so much time...But so worth it. Thanks for helping me...I love ya.

Amy said...

Awesome! That is the main reason I do my blog too! Trent just made my first year into a book for my birthday. Best present ever!

Sid said...

im working on my 2010 book now! i love it. It is a bit time consuming to put together, but so worth it!

** Adrian ** said...

You are so amazing!! I need to do something with my blog, too-- I would love to have my posts in a yearly book!

Lindsey said...

Wait wait wait. You can make a post private?? How?