Tuesday, February 16, 2010

30 and loving it!

My 30th birthday started last weekend seeing Bill Cosby. It was great! Good clean humor and I loved it. We went to dinner and stayed over night in Salt Lake. It was so relaxing! I didn't realize how much I needed the getaway until I got home and noticed how rejuvenated I felt.
The only reason we were able to go was because of my amazing sister in law.
Seth's sister Kelli and her husband Nate came to our house with their 3 kids and stayed over night. So they had 7 kids under 6!!! I think I might owe them for the rest of my life, but t was worth it.
Yesterday I had my time with the personal stylist(see below). That was awesome!
Then today..the big day! It started off pretty normal. Gym, preschool..same old. But at 9:30am I was able to take my kids to my friends house and go shopping. It was so nice to have all that time by myself. I felt like I got so much accomplished.
That night we went to dinner at the Spaghetti Factory and we took just the older girls. It was fun to spend time with them alone. My awesome friend Chelsie watched the twins.
I thought that was it and was ready to go home and have cake with the girls. Little did I know Seth and my sweet friends had planned a surprise party. And boy was I surprised! I can't believe they pulled it off. Apparently they planned it last week. A few people couldn't make it, but all in all it was so fun! The men hung out, the women talked and the kids played. It was a great way to end the day.
We have a few more things planned throughout the week, because of course I exploit my birthday and make it last as long as possible.
I really owe a BIG Thank You to my awesome husband and amazing friends for making my 30th so wonderful!
Seth even had Kim make this amazing cake without me knowing



Claire with one of her best friends, Chelsie





Just the girls















Not the best picture of me. But I was so excited to see Bill Cosby!!!

Me & Bella at the Spaghetti Factory

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Glad you had such a great birthday! Love your haircut too!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a lot of fun!

Anne said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like it was great!

** Adrian ** said...

What a fun birthday!! I was SOO bummed that I couldn't come to your party! I hope Chelsea & Marianne told you that I had a piano recital in Salt Lake... but I would have LOVED to have been there!!! I have a little something for you, but I didn't dare bring it yesterday 'cause I was afraid I'd SPILL THE BEANS about the party-- I could totally see myself wrecking the surprise!! I'll run it over sometime soon!! I'm glad you had a fun day!! I love your haircut, too!! You look GORGEOUS!!! I hope rest of your birthday week is just as great!

Sid said...

sounds great! i can't believe we are 30! crazy!

bevany said...

Sounds like a great weekend and birthday! I'd love to see Bill Cosby. It bet it was awesome! You look way cute, too.

Jenn said...

I am glad you had a good party. We were really sad we could not come. We miss you guys!!!

Sissy Jackson said...

Sounds like you had a great time. So glad. Happy late birthday...