Friday, November 7, 2008

Are You Kidding Me #12

This post is for my cousin Jami and anyone else that cares. She recently did a post called confessions. I was reading it thinking are you kidding, she's actually telling people these thing. Like the fact she loves high school musical. But as I read it, I really enjoyed it, mostly because it put a smile on my face. So I thought I would do a little confessing myself. Some of you might also read this and think are you kidding, why is she telling us this, we don't need to know that. But oh well. Here goes.
1. I once had a non-sexual crush on a married 60 year old man I worked with. Yes it's true. He was amazing. He moved to the states from Tonga, learned English, joined the church, got his Masters degree(with the help of his wife) had 11 kids; 6 who served missions and was an amazing mentor to the kids we worked with in jail. The more I think about my crush, I think it was admiration. But it got your attention.
2. I lie. A lot. Some times I don't even notice. Like when I bring you amazing soup and you ask if I made it myself and I say yes. What I mean is I bought it at Marie calendars. It's so bad that a few weeks ago we were at a family thing and I guess I lied about something. When we got home I noticed my mistake and asked Seth why he didn't correct me, he said "Oh I thought it was just one of those things you lie about." Now that's a good husband.
3. I have no fashion sense. It's true. I can some times pull off a good outfit, but most days I'm one step away from wearing white socks and tevas. Which I hear is a fashion fax puo.
4. I usually have more than one treat a day, but I'll tell you I only had one. (see #2)
5. I have a guilty pleasure that I watch on E!. I won't tell you what it is, you might judge me.
6. I didn't like Twlight. If you read my blog over a year ago, you already knew this. And please don't try and get me to read it again.
7. I saw Elton John in concert a few years ago and paid $200 for one ticket. Awesome concert, but what was I thinking blowing money like that?
8. I love doing cross word puzzles. The only other people I know who like doing cross words are my dad and Stanly from The Office. Does that make me a nerd?
9. I hate driving. I'm a horrible driver and I totally admit it. Some day when we find a money tree I'll get myself a driver. Until then I guess I'll be driving.

Man that felt good. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Now the question is, will I still have friends after you read this?

17 comments:

bevany said...

Love it. Hello? I did a whole post about high school musical. I could do a list longer than yours of confessions and guaranteed I would have no friends. You are brave!! Seriously, though...Elton John?

Lindsey said...

That's so funny! I loved Jami's confessions too. And my guess is...girls next door??

Jenn said...

I think that is great. I laughed, and I needed that! Thanks!!!

Jessica said...

I am still your friend Amy!! I LOVED reading those. You are such a great person - thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Lindsey- No Way for Girls Next Door. I HATE that show. I'll tell you later what show it is. I know you won't judge me after all I know what movie your mom likes.

Jen Jenkins said...

I just love your blog Amy...and i'll still be your friend. You are so funny! Those pics of your girls are beautiful!

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

I love the confessions... but if that's all you have to confess you are doing pretty good!

Kira said...

I loved this post as well. I feel like I know you better, and trust me no judgments from me. We ALL have our little things like that :) I loved what jbo said, you are doing good if that's all you have to tell :)

sunshine said...

Funny, ditto on what Kira said.

simply jami said...

I loved your post. Thanks for making me laugh! I am glad I could inspire you to confess! Now I can't wait for Confessions part II.

Sissy Jackson said...

Amy, I LOVE YOU! You go girl! Your confessions made me totally laugh. I just miss you kid. Smiles and kisses all around!

** Adrian ** said...

This was a great post!! It made me laugh!

& Of COURSE I'm still your friend, too!

the youngs said...

I will admit that I kind of like Shania Twain! Totally embarrassing. Oh and Hebby, you should add one more: you can't spell Faux Pas. Haa haa.. Oh, is the show Real Housewives of Orange County or NY or Atlanta??

Sid said...

Totally funny! we all have our own "things/confessions"! that was funny-love it!

Lindsey said...

This is awesome- I was dying about the soup example - I didn't like Twilight either - I was supposed to go to Elton John but didn't have a baby sitter - I love Stanley, but not really crossword puzzles. xoxoxo

Rick & Marianne said...

Amy...
I love it! And I thought I knew you...you didn't even tell me about Elton John! I'll remember not to ask you if I look good in an outfit due to #2 & #3! =)
I love it!
Love, Marianne

Anonymous said...

this was too funny to read! it gave me a good laugh! i love your honesty! you are halarious!