Thursday, January 12, 2012

Claire's Extended Birthday

I've never met someone who cares so much about their birthday. Starting in November, Claire was asking when it was her birthday. She did a countdown by figuring out first came Thanksgiving, then Bella's b-day, then Christmas and then her birthday. Honestly she really wasn't that excited about Christmas. She was more concerned with her birthday and making sure I knew she wanted cupcakes for breakfast that morning.
So I think she was happy with the 3 day celebration she got.
The day before her actual birthday they had a celebration in her class at pre-school. I brought the twins and even got Bella out of school to go. She really wanted to come and Claire really wanted her there. We brought pictures of Claire, shared her favorite book (Dream Hop) and brought treats.
Claire with her birthday crown at school
Then the next day, her actual birthday, she woke up at 6:30am, because she was so excited!! She couldn't wait to have presents and breakfast in bed. Her first question when she woke up was "mom, can I see the cupcakes Kim made?". After presents and cupcakes she played all morning with her new toys and then it was time for lunch at McDonalds with her best friend Wyatt.
Not the best picture. Wyatt was pretty excited about his toy and wanted to show it off for the picture and Claire has a straw in her face.
Since her birthday fell on a Wednesday we couldn't do a family party (YW and Bella is gone that night) so we had to post pone it until the next day. So Thursday night we headed to Chuckie Cheese. This girl has talked of nothing but Chuckie Cheese for the past 6 months. She had so much fun laughing and playing games. It almost made it worth it for me. Almost. I'll be ok if I never have to go there again.
Her presents from grandma & grandpa and Elysia.
What a fun 3 days. When I took the decorations down from her door she said "But mom, is my birthday really over?". Poor thing, she has to wait a whole year!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Ahhhh....happy birthday cutie Claire!!!

bevany said...

Never me someone who cares so much about their birthday? I wonder where she gets it from? :)
Cute girl, cute birthday fun. Lucky girl to have such a great mom to make it special!