Thursday, August 18, 2011

Grandma Okland

Jeanne passed away a few days ago and it was very sudden. She was so healthy that it's been such a shock to everyone who knew her.
As I've been thinking about her the last few days 2 words come to mind.
Forgiving
Generous
She forgave my mom over and over again. Always turning the other cheek and loving her unconditionally. Even when I would call and be frustrated about things she would say things like "I don't think she can help it" or "just let her be for a few months and she'll be better".
She was the most generous person. She continued to give us so much. Without her generosity I don't know how we would have made it these last few years.
I feel so blessed to have known her and be in her life for these last 16 years.
If I can take anything away from this it's that I want to be as forgiving and loving as she was to others when they've wronged me.
What a great example.

No comments: