Sunday, April 25, 2010

Round 4

This is my 4th year attempt gardening. The first year we were here I had no idea where to start. The second year we got a grip on most of the out of control weeds. And last year we (by we I mean Seth since I was the one doing all the ordering since I was on bed rest) finished the play area. That meant taking out all the over grown weeds, tilling the whole area, putting down bark chips and covering it with all the play stuff.
So this is my year to try and grow flowers.
I have a love hate relationship with them. I love beautiful flowers!
I hate weeds, dead flowers, money spent on flowers and weeds. Did I mention weeds?
This year I am determined that my front and back yard will look beautiful all spring and summer. Am I crazy for thinking I can accomplish this?
The other day I stuck the twins in the stroller and worked on the front yard while Claire played on her bike. And now that we have a totally fenced in back yard I plan to stick the kids back there and work on everything else.
So hopefully by the end of summer I can report back that everything went well.
I can dream, right?
PS If you have any tips I would love to hear them.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I saw you out there, with the twins in the stroller, and I was very impressed!! Good luck to you! If you find any good tips, you should post about them, escpecially the weed control!!

Kira said...

wow, great job! this is going to be our first year attempt, not planning on much success. so i'll be looking for advice as well, pass it along, pretty please!

bevany said...

I've killed all the flowers I've ever planted. Ask the people at the nursery and check the little tags so you don't plant shade plants in the sun and vice versa...or maybe it's too late for that? Other than pointing out the obvious, I have no tips. Good luck!

Curtis and Shandy said...

Go buys lots of packets of zinnias and just throw them everywhere. Seriously you will look like you know what you are doing.