Thursday, January 7, 2010

A few things I'm going to try a little harder to do this year....

  • Not lose my patience as much. (Shocking, I know. how could I possibly lose my patience with 4 kids under 5?)
  • Get to know the twins as individuals and not just as "twins"
  • Appreciate my husband more
  • Do something about my flabby arms (I'm shooting for Jennifer Aniston arms, even though I can't stand her. Her arms are amazing!)
  • Study, not just read the scriptures
  • Continue to stay current on blogging and scrapbooking
  • Stick to the budget and save more
  • Make more time for family (parents, siblings & in-laws)
  • Read more books
  • Do more than one push up without dropping dead (Thanks BJ Blaser for reminding me of that this past Christmas)
  • Spend more one on one time with each child
  • Learn how to dress myself (I stink at this, as many of you know. I'm saving my time with the personal stylist, that I got for Christmas from Laura, for my b-day)

11 comments:

Jenn said...

Those are great ones!! Good luck!!

Sissy Jackson said...

So can I just copy and paste your to do list to mine...well, except for the twins part...why dont you like Jennifer Aniston?

Unknown said...

Sis,
I'm mad at JA for posing almost nude on the cover of whatever magazine it was a few years ago and then saying "I don't get why people give a @!*!# about me? If she doesn't care, then why do the cover of a magazine naked. Oh and the movie she was promoting was Marley & Me. Isn't that a kids movie? So I've never forgiven her.
I can just see you rolling your eyes at me. But I'm sticking to my principles!!! Plus I can't think of any movies I really like that she's been in.
Although I do like Friends.

** Adrian ** said...

Great List, Amy!! I need to sit down & make a list of resolutions, too. I haven't even thought about it yet.

Thanks again for your phone calls & support yesterday! Morgan's doing much better today, THANK GOODNESS! I really appreciate your friendship. It meant a lot that you'd call! ;) Thanks for everything!

Sissy Jackson said...

Amy, I do have to agree with you about JA...NOT my favorite at all. And Marley & Me was NOT a kids movie. I took my kids because that is what it looked like and It WAS NOT! So much inapporpiate stuff it was pathetic. So Im proud of you for thinking she is a skank...not far off the mark if I may say so myself! I miss talking to you. Im calling you this week...Love ya

bevany said...

I totally did a post about what I need to be better at too, without seeing yours. Crazy. I love, love, love, that picture of your girls.
ps- I can't even do one push up either. Who needs to anyways?

Beth said...

Good list but I think you forgot one. Let me add it:
"Run a half-marathon with my sister-in-law Beth"
Bring it on. Bring it on.

Unknown said...

Beth I would honestly love to know that I could run a half marathon, but I really don't think I have it in me. The only thing I liked about the 10K was when I finished. But if we trained together, that might be fun. I'll have to think about it. Which one do you want to do? And when is it?

Beth said...

Oh my heck. You are like a million times more motivated at working out than me so you would do great training for a half. Not sure yet which one. I'll have to do a little research. I used to look up races all the time. Not anymore:)

Amy said...

I love your girls. I should just copy and paste them right onto my blog...

lifeisgood said...

Your pictures are so dang cute everybody I show them too says, "I wish I had twins". What I love most about your blog is that you just crack me up. you are funny!! Hey don't worry about getting dressed my kids are all old and it's still hard for me to get dressed. Ya it's 12:00 and I'm still in my P.J.'s I get dressed when I have to go somewhere, or right before Russ gets home.