Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Settlement Conference

I've been a wreck since last Wednesday when Anna Trupp gave her recommendation that Kenny should have 50/50 custody.
But today I'm not feeling as nervous and scared as I thought I would.
I know it helped that I went to the Temple yesterday and that so many people have said prayers in our behalf.
It's hard because none of this seems fair or what's in the best interest of Bella. It's just about what rights Kenny has.
I just want Bella to know when this is all over that I did everything I could to keep her where she feels safe and happy. 
Yesterday Kenny's attorney sent over his list of things he wants for the settlement. They include us paying for his attorney fees, he wants to be able to drink alcohol with no limits in front of her and not bring her ack for church as well as goon the recommendation from Anna.
I've been praying for some guidance as far as knowing if we should just settle or go to trial and afte I saw his request I feel like I know my answer.
I can't in good faith agree to what he's asking. It may be a long shot but I've go to try.
So we'll see how today goes. It stinks that Seth can't be there. He's been Bella's dad since she was 7 months old but since he's the "step father" he can't.
I know when this is all over he can't take away the last 8 years.

No comments: