Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hard Times

This past week has been the hardest since my divorce.
We found out Kenny was paying the right amount in child support. I went to him to talk about it and we decided to meet but when we did (a week later) he was in full attack mode.
He had already seen a lawyer and had written a letter stating that he wanted joint custody.
It's basically been a nightmare since then.
He has called, e-mailed, and texed and most have been in a threatening and bullying way.
Seth and I met with Russ and he reassured us that we had nothing to worry about, and he continues to say that as the texts and e-mails keep coming.
I know he knows what he's talking about, but it doesn't make it any easier.
I love my little Bella more than anything. She is so sweet and vulnerable right now. She has the most wonderful testimony and love of the gospel.
I have blessed with amazing friends who have helped watch the kids while I go to the temple, take a break to clear my head or meet with the attorney.
The hardest part is Kenny is so good at multiplication and bullying that I start to believe everything he says.
I've done a good job at never showing him how I feel, and staying strong but it's so hard. I usually end up crying.
I keep trying to remember that we're in the middle of it and I just can't see the big picture.
I have felt the spirit so strong and I know it has helped me say the right things and e-mail the right things.
Bella is the love of my life and I will do whatever it takes to keep her safe and keep her life normal.

No comments: