Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Motivation, Motivation......where have you gone?

What is wrong with me? First I haven't done a post in almost 3 weeks and the worst........
I have lost all motivation to work out.
I don't know what's happened to me. After I had Claire I was up at 6:00am, 5-6 days a week to work out and eating so well. Then the twins came and I did the same.
Now the twins are 2 and I'm in a slump.
Yesterday as I enjoyed my chocolate donut, you now the kind with 500 calories, I was thinking it's ok I'll go to the gym in the morning......then the morning rolled around and I slept in.
Working out for me isn't just about losing weight or maintaining weight, I really LOVE the way I feel after a good workout. yet for some reason I can't find the motivation to do it anymore.
Any advise?

4 comments:

sunshine said...

Just remember how you FEEL after, maybe that will help! Sometimes I think we just have to make the decision first thing in the morning, even if the motivation is lacking!
Good luck Ame, pronounced Ame!!!

Karen said...

The thing that gets my lazy bum out of bed and out the door is knowing that a friend is counting on me being there...so, go with a friend. Better yet, run with a friend so that the two of you can solve the world's problems. That way, you get a free therapy session while working out. Good luck to you!

Brittany said...

I was the exact same way so I just did a little health challenge with a friend. Loser of the challenge had to pay the winner $50 and babysit for a night so the winner could go on a date with the husband. It was an eight week challenge and it was based on points you got from working out, staying under a certain amount of calories a day, not eating sweets, getting enough water a day etc. It worked super well and now I'm back into the habit of working out, plus since I didn't have an extra $50 lying around and REALLY needed a date with my hot husband, it totally motivated me.

bevany said...

Don't worry...I did it for like 3 weeks and was DONE. Yeah...that day after we got together...I probably did it twice after that. I'm the worst.