Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hmm...Opinions

I've been watching this story about Madonna adopting another baby and for some reason I can't stop thinking about it. Weird, since I could care less about her. I guess it's got me thinking because so many people have an opinion about what she's doing. Some people think she is not a good role model and mother, and therefore should not be able to adopt more kids. Other people think it's great that she's adopting a baby from such a poor country, because she has the money and means to take care of a child. I can't decide what I think. I guess it really doesn't matter what I think, since it's none of my business. But I'm just curious what everyone else thinks.

7 comments:

Mike said...

The baby will definitely be taken care of financially - but that only matters for the here-and-now. I think my un-ending dislike of all things madonna might sway my opinion of the situation - but I will say this: I'm surprised God allows ANY of us to have kids :-) It's all part of the plan, I guess.

Mike said...

Let me append my comment by saying that as long as she loves the baby with all her heart and teaches it to lead a good life, then I think it's great. However, if she adopted a kid so she could have an 'accessory' then...

Chuck said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenn said...

I think she has the money. She seems to be a mess as a person, but if she was a good mother, or at least hired a good mother, than all the power to her. As long as she gives these children oppurtunities they would not other wise have, than it should be good. I think she needs to give her money to people that can't afford to adopt, so they can!

Jenn said...

I forgot to say, Seth's joke to Joe was great! Joe was going on and on about how he did not like the Broncos, and then a minute later, "Seth, that sucker!!" Tell Seth that he got Joe. It was a great April trick!!

bevany said...

No one will ever really know if she truly loves her children. Who knows if she's doing it for attention or because she really fell in love with the girl and wanted to take care of her. Obviously it will be taken care of finacially, but she's totally not a good role model in some ways. I have to believe she loves her kids though. I think the same things about Angelina Jolie though.

** Adrian ** said...

Apparently I've been living in a bubble 'cause I haven't heard ANYTHING about her adopting another baby. Hmmm...I can't decide how I feel about it---I guess it's a good thing if she'll give the baby a better life than she would have otherwise had. I don't know though--that's a tough one.

I keep forgetting to THANK YOU for loaning me your Gilmore Girls DVD's --I must admit, I'm totally HOOKED!!! I'm about halfway through season 2 & I LOVE IT!!!! THANK YOU!!